No worries, I haven’t disappeared from the blogger’s great universe, just needed some mind and mainly body recovery time…when I know my mind is on food again and thinking of Christmas preparation and deco I know I’m on the mend…well at least for now, as that’s the curse of chronic pains, but hey, we’re in the up, so staying cheerful today!
A usual dinner conversation at our home always includes the options for the menu the next day…earlier this week this recipe came up. It had been ages since I made it, albeit in a slightly different version, so on general family members request, here we go!
This is what you need:
- chicken breasts filets (1 normal sized per person should do)
- seed mustard
- mozzarella cheese
- a few slices other cheese like old Gouda or you can use Parmesan too
- bacon to wrap it up
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- oven dish
This is what you do:
- Preheat your oven at 200°C and oil your baking dish
- butterfly the chicken breasts and spread them with seed mustard
- layer with mozzarella cheese, season with pepper, and another layer with cheese of your choice
- close the filets and wrap them with bacon
- give them another seasoning with (a little salt) and pepper
- finish in the oven for about 30-40′ depending on thickness of the filets
I serve them with grilled green asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
Some cheese will run out, that’s the yummy part, if you don’t like that, stick with the harder cheeses or use thinly sliced mozzarella.
Make some hours in advance and put in the oven when your guests arrive, easy! This dish leaves you several opportunities to mix and max and play with the stuffing:
- use pesto, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes
- add spinach
- drop the cheese stuffing, use lots of herbs and pesto or sun-dried tomatoes and cover the filled filets in egg and panko before putting in the oven and you’ll have a yummy tasty crunch
- replace the bacon with Parma ham
- add herbs like sage or basil or other flavour makers of your choice
Enjoy your meal!